[linux-lvm] Please remove bash from lvm2

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.us
Tue Aug 12 04:30:21 UTC 2008

I've been trying to pack a bunch of tools onto an embedded systems and
it's very frustrating how man of them have requirements on bash, for no
real reason.  Just a bit more care could easily take care of this
problem.  I definitely don't want to be forced to include bash, instead
of using busybox sh for example, only because of a few scripts that
could just as easily be written in standard sh.

Here's a patch that removes bash requirements from lvm_dump.  The init
scripts I looked at can be fixed by just changing #!/bin/bash to
#!/bin/sh.

Cheers!