FW: Re: [linux-lvm] lvm utilities, metadata format, CRC (checksum)

David Robinson zxvdr.au at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:11:04 UTC 2008

Looks like I'm able to edit the wiki page now - thanks :-)

I went to add Bryn's instructions then discovered that they're already
in the wiki, so I've added an entry to the FAQ briefly explaining the
issue and pointing to the existing page[1]. I added a few new pages
too, one explaining the duplicate PV messages[2], and one for using
LVM with SAN based snapshots[3]. If there's anything incorrect or
unclear in there feel free to fix it or let me know.

The FAQ structure seems a bit strange to me. Would it be worthwhile
moving to a structure like the Cluster FAQ uses[4]? Or even a flat
page like the old cluster FAQ[5] (which I prefer - its easier to
search)?

[1] http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2/wiki/HardwareSnapshotRestore
[2] http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/FoundDuplicatePV
[3] http://sources.redhat.com/lvm2/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/SANBasedSnapshots