[linux-lvm] shift PV from disk to raid device?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Dec 10 00:31:15 UTC 2008

Kai Schaetzl wrote on Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:42:54 +0100:

> So, I think I will just start over by removing /dev/sda3 now completely,
> recreating the raid array and then recreating the PV on it. I think I should then
> be able to pvmove the LVs from /dev/sdb3 to /dev/md3, right?

pvmove worked great. Here's what I used to get back to my wanted setup:

boot with only one disk (sda)
vgchange -an dom1
pvremove /dev/sda3
reboot
mdadm --create /dev/md3 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sda3 missing
pvcreate /dev/md3
pvextend dom0 /dev/md3
pvmove /dev/sdb3 /dev/md3
pvdisplay (shows /dev/sdb3 as empty now)
pvremove /dev/sdb3
vgreduce dom0 /dev/sdb3
pvremove /dev/sdb3
mdadm /dev/md3 -a /dev/sdb3

Thanks for all the help and information to everyone!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany