Re: [linux-lvm] Convert a non-striped LV to a striped LV without data loss?

No, I have a current linear lv that I want to stripe across three different hardware based RAID 5 controllers (3 pvs).

Sincerely,
Doug Eubanks
admin dougware net

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Harald Milz <hm seneca muc de> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 09:54:20PM -0500, Doug Eubanks wrote:
> Is it possible to convert a logical volume that's only on one physical
> volume to a striped logical volume without data loss, and preferably online?

No - only by copying data to a temp space before. But why would you want to
stripe an LV on a single PV? Burn spare CPU cycles and stress the disk?

--
The trouble with superheros is what to do between phone booths.
               -- Ken Kesey