[linux-lvm] Convert a non-striped LV to a striped LV without data loss?

Doug Eubanks admin at dougware.net
Tue Dec 30 20:04:33 UTC 2008

Yeah, that's basically what I want to do.  Technically, one of the pvs is in
use and has the lv on it.  I have three perc controllers in the system and
wanted to stripe the root partition across all three arrays instead of
having it sit on one array.

I think the only option I have is to extend the current lv and specify that
it should use 3 stripes for the extention, but I can't figure out how to
move the existing data from the old linear potion of the logical volume.
I'm hoping that some incarnation of lvreduce could do that.

Sincerely,
Doug Eubanks
admin at dougware.net