[linux-lvm] mirrored LV + cmirror problem

Lajkó Attila Lajko.Attila at ulx.hu
Fri Feb 15 16:17:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Jonathan Brassow wrote:

> Are all the packages rhel4.6 as well, or have you compiled pkgs
> yourself?

All the packages are binaries from rhel4.6:
lvm2-cluster-2.02.27-2.el4_6.1
cmirror-1.0.1-1
cmirror-kernel-xenU-2.6.9-38.5

> What was the load you had on the system?

Very low, approx. 0.

> The messages I see from dm-cmirror suggest that it is properly
> shutting down in the face of the failure... However, before it has
> finished, we can see "Failed to remove faulty devices in vgtest-
> lvtest".  This suggests to me that clvmd is not waiting long enough
> for the shutdown to complete, but I only see 3 seconds of the log.
> When was the device failure initiated?
>
> brassow

The failure was initiated at the beginning of the log. I put the
complete messages files from both nodes (el42 and el4) to FTP.

ftp://ftp.ulx.hu/upload/clvmd/messages.el4
ftp://ftp.ulx.hu/upload/clvmd/messages.el42

Attila