[linux-lvm] Failed Disk Replacement

The monitoring utils were setup wrong on a hardware raid 5 array and two disk’s failed. The array has been rebuilt and is now accessible to the system but LVM was using the old array and obviously it is no longer available. How can I remove the old pv and force lvm to truncate the existing lv? I will attempt to recover all that I can from the volume then blow out the file system in it and extend the lv with the new pv that was added and recreate a clean file system.

Thanks for any help,
jlc