[linux-lvm] LVM limits?

Jordi Prats jprats at cesca.es
Tue Jan 29 00:16:20 UTC 2008

Agree. But, at least in my case, I've been studying better alternatives
(this means testing) but I've been required to grow the file system
because of our needs.

So, It's not the best solution, but until I can move to a better one
(this probably means buy more hardware) this is my best option to
provide space.

JFS, XFS and other file systems seems ok, but it wouldn't be a better
solution something like Lustre, Ceph or GlusterFS? They seems to provide
better scalability been also POSIX-compliant. What do you think?

Any inputs will be welcome :)

regards,
Jordi