Re: [linux-lvm] "vgchange -a n VG" freezes, other LVM commands too

Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:
I just wanted to deactivate a volume group - I used:

vgchange -a n volume_group

Unfortunately, it didn't work and it seems frozen - the command is still being executed, and is in "D" state.

Any other LVM command (lvs etc.) freezes as well (D state), adding +1 to the system load average.

This is what happens when I start lvs with verbose/debug parameters:

Oh, it looks like it's a dead iSCSI session that got in the way... With a timeout set to 10 days or so. Well, let's wait 10 days and see what happens.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org