[linux-lvm] Is it possible to invalidate snapshots other than by overfilling?

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 15:42:58 UTC 2008

It sounds like the module needed by device-mapper to support snapshots
is not loaded when it is needed.  (Perhaps the module - dm-snapshot -
is not in your initrd image?)

After step 3, but before step 4, try doing a 'dmsetup table' to see if
things are properly mapped.  A 'dmsetup status' wouldn't hurt either...

Certainly, there should never be a kernel oops...  It's tough for me
to say whether this bug is already fixed - given the age of your kernel.

  brassow