[linux-lvm] Loopback mount a disk image with lvm

Girish V girish.xen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 22:23:23 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a disk.img (a disk image file, raw format) with the following "fdisk -l"

disk.img1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
disk.img2              14        2491    19904535   8e  Linux LVM

Now I can loopback mount the first bartition using
"mount -o loop,offset=32256 disk.img /mnt".

I need to mount the second partition. If the secoond partition had
been an ext3 partition, I would have loopback mounted it as
"mount -o loop,offset=$((255*63*512*13) disk.img /mnt", but when I try
that, I get
mount: unknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.