[linux-lvm] Volume group "vgs" not found

Eli Morris emorris at pmc.ucsc.edu
Thu Jun 12 16:23:01 UTC 2008

Dear all,

	I'm running Centos 4, as part of a Rocks cluster. I have a 13 TB lvm2
volume. At boot up, the volume group doesn't get activated. When I run
'vgchange -ay' it activates the volume group without error and I can
then mount it. I've turned lvm logging on and I notice the message
'toollib.c:508 vgchange  Volume group "vgs" not found'. I don't think
I have a 'vgs' volume group. At least I don't find I have one if I use
tools like 'vgscan'. The only thing that shows up is my 13 TB volume,
as it should be. I haven't been able to find any information on such
an error. I used yum update to make sure I had the latest lvm2
packages for my distro. I can't upgrade distros, because that would
screw other stuff up. Any info on this, or recommendations as to how I
could track it down?

Thanks,

Eli