[linux-lvm] reconstituting a logical volume

Hi all,

In the thread "lvm partition on ramdisk," circa May 19, you helped me get a FAT32 instance running on a lv that was a combination of a ramdisk (actually 3 of them) and an 8TB RAID array. Can someone tell me if the following is trivial, or possible, under LVM:

unmount the fs
dd the ramdisk[s] to equal sized volume[s] "rdcopy" on the array
break the composite ramdisk+8TB lv
create a rdcopy+8TB lv with the fs and its data undamaged and ready to mount

TIA,

Larry Dickson
Cutting Edge Networked Storage