Re: [linux-lvm] Server hangs when writing to LVM volume due to LVM Snapshots

Veselin Kantsev schrieb:

The snapshots are 180GB each.

So that makes 7 snapshots, each is 180GB? What percentage is filled?

The current writing process freezes and working with the LV becomes
impossible both locally and through the network.

LVM-2 doesn't scale very well.

If you have I/O intensive workloads, I'd discourage using (multiple) snapshots.

A single write to the origin mean additional writes to each and every snapshot of that origin.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org