Re: [linux-lvm] Server hangs when writing to LVM volume due to LVM Snapshots

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo wpkg org> wrote:
> LVM-2 doesn't scale very well.
>
> If you have I/O intensive workloads, I'd discourage using (multiple)
> snapshots.
>
> A single write to the origin mean additional writes to each and every
> snapshot of that origin.

Right.  This is one of the things zumastor.org snapshots do better;
all snapshots for a volume share a common snapshot store,
so performance doesn't fall as you add more snapshots.
You might want to have a look at it... join the zumastor
mailing list or drop in on our irc if you have questions.
- Dan

p.s.
> Tomasz Chmielewski
> http://wpkg.org

wpkg.org looks very cool.  I haven't used it much yet,
but I hope to use it as a kind of automated real world test of
wine sometime.