Re: [linux-lvm] Volume group "vgs" not found

if you can activate the volume group once the machine is up, it sounds like there is a problem in the initrd. Perhaps the static binaries there or the lvm config file it contains...

You turned on logging... When you see "vgs" not found, is that during bootup, or after?

('vgs' is an LVM command. There could be a script somewhere that is duplicating the string 'vgs' and inadvertently sending it as an argument...)

Might need more information for this one... :(

 brassow