[linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Thu May 1 18:38:32 UTC 2008

On 5/1/2008 2:15 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Why? What value is the old snapshot at this point?

? It holds all of the changes to your original (snapshotted) volume, so
I imagine it would be pretty important to most people?

I'm not really understanding all the inner-workings of LVM, but now I
can see why using a ram disk for an LVM snapshot might not be a very
good idea for this one reason - it won't survive a reboot...

> You just had a system reboot in the middle of a snapshotted backup so
> all you need to do is get the system up, redo another snapshot and
> retake your backup. I'm not interested in the old snapshot.

I would be... but thats just me...

--

Best regards,

Charles