Re: [linux-lvm] Move an array/volgroup to another machine.

On 04/16/2009 10:07 AM, Gerry Reno wrote:
We built a replacement server (x86_64) for an older server (x86). Now we want to move a RAID-5 array intact from the older machine over to the new machine. We know the UUID of the array and of all the PV and VG on the array. So what commands should we perform after plugging in all the array drives to the new server to bring up the array and lvm on the new machine?

"vgscan" and "vgchange -a VGNAME" I believe.

Make sure your VG name doesn't conflict with any already in the machine.

Regards,
Gerry