Re: [linux-lvm] Move an array/volgroup to another machine.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:49:52PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
It's an 'md' software raid device. I think we can probably just try to assemble the array using the UUID. Maybe something like:
mdadm -vv -A /dev/md4 --uuid=UUID

the above depende on the device line in your mdadm.conf,
if it is something like 'DEVICE partitions' or 'DEVICE /dev/*' it should
work.
you still would like to have it in mdadm.conf for automatic activation
at boot.
i would run
mdadm -Esc partitions | grep UUID

maybe check the line you added to see if the minor is what you want
and add it to /etc/mdadm.conf

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it