[linux-lvm] Move an array/volgroup to another machine.

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Fri Apr 17 08:42:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:49:52PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> It's an 'md' software raid device.  I think we can probably just try to
> assemble the array using the UUID.  Maybe something like:
> mdadm -vv -A /dev/md4 --uuid=UUID

the above depende on the device line in your mdadm.conf,
if it is something like 'DEVICE partitions' or 'DEVICE /dev/*' it should
work.
you still would like to have it in mdadm.conf for automatic activation
at boot.
i would run
mdadm -Esc partitions | grep UUID

maybe check the line you added to see if the minor is what you want
and add it to /etc/mdadm.conf

L.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
         Communication Media & Services S.r.l.