Re: [linux-lvm] re-activate lv after reboot ?

On 04/21/2009 09:47 AM, vu pham wrote:
My server uses iscsiadm to access a remote iscsi device. VG and LV are created on that device and can be accessed just fine. The problem is after reboot, the LVs are in inactive mode and I have to run vgchange -a y to activate the VG on the iscsi device or to put that command /etc/rcd./rc.local.

In RH and Fedora you need to updated your initrd image to have the drivers for the disk access available before the real filesystems are mounted. You don't mention what distro you're using, so I'll avoid boring you with details that may not be pertinent to your situation.

Is there any way to automatically to activate those LVs/VGs when the iscsi device starts ?

Thanks,
Vu