[linux-lvm] Questions regarding LVM

Hello all,

    I am new to this mailing list. I have few questions regarding Linux LVM, would appreciate if LVM gurus could answer.

1.       Under scenario where, several hard-drives are part of LVM volume group and if one of hard-disk gets corrupted then would whole volume group be inaccessible ?

What would be impact on volume group’s filesystem ?

2.       From stability perspective, which version of LVM is better on Linux kernel 2.6.x, LVM2 or LVM1 ?

Regards,

Vishal