Re: [linux-lvm] lvcreate does not respect units?

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 03:28:24PM +0100, Thomas Voegtle wrote:
> Why is it possible to use vgdisplay with units power of 1000, if you
> cant use lvcreate with that kind of units?
> The lvcreate man page says:
>      -L, --size LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]

For input, it ignores case.

I've not felt particularly happy about changing that as it could change the
behaviour of existing scripts, and typically, people pay little attention
to the case of units when they are typing.

But should we change this in time for RHEL6?

Any more opinions?

Alasdair