Re: [linux-lvm] Doubts on Snapshots

This is a misunderstanding of what snapshot does. To minimize copying, it makes a special volume containing the OLD versions of only those sectors CHANGED since the snap was made. Thus, when mated with the original, continually-being-updated volume, it can reconstruct its state at the time of the snap. Without the original, it cannot do much.

I think what you want is mirroring or rsync.

Larry Dickson
Cutting Edge Networked Storage