Re: [linux-lvm] lvm2 specificiation

Les Mikesell wrote:
Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 01:54:00PM -0800, Vinay Srini wrote:
I have a requirement to mount multiple volume groups with the same name (VolGroup00, as that is the most popular default name), without first using vgrename (because something might go wrong, and I may not be able to restore the name back).
It was an early design decision that every VG on a system should have a different name. Departures from that won't get supported - because it's so
simple to choose different names!

How do you move drives around among machines then, if they have been created with the default names that will conflict?

Using the oft-posted directions for changing the VG name and UUID.

Regards,
Bryn.