[linux-lvm] Re: LVM skips /dev/hde3 because sysfs tells it not to use it

> I guess you can also hit this "known" problem with
> old lvm toolset (<2.02.29) and new kernel with new sysfs layout.

Yes, sorry about that, that was the culprit.  I had done a "apt-get
upgrade", but forgot that this box runs Debian "stable".  After upgrading lvm2
to the "testing" version of the lvm2 package, the problem disappeared.

Thank you for your help,

        Stefan