[linux-lvm] Re: recovery help needed

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 06:45:11 UTC 2009

Jack Tanner <ihok <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Thanks in advance.

Never mind! I figured out vgcfgrestore! Yay me!

One thing that kept tripping me up was that I'd do vgcfgrestore, and then do an
lvscan, and the following lvscan would say say that my vg was inconsistent, and
it would undo the vgcfgrestore. The ticket was to pvremove /dev/md1; that
allowed lvscan to work. It'd be nice if lvscan would explain what exactly it
thinks is inconsistent. (Oh, maybe it does in verbose mode? If so, maybe that
should be part of the default output, not just the verbose.)

P.S. lvm rocks