[linux-lvm] Can no longer mount logical volume after a kernal panic. HELP!

Bob Smith simon_seys at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:11:56 UTC 2009

I figured out my own problem so I am posting the 'solution' back to the list so that it might help someone else.

I noticed when booting my system was complaining about not being able to run fsck.jfs.  So since I run Ubuntu Hardy I installed the jfsutils using apt-get install jfsutils.  Then I rebooted again and it fsck'ed the jfs partition on my LVM VG and eveything mounted as per usual.

Whew.

Simon