[linux-lvm] 2GB limit

Lupe Christoph lupe at lupe-christoph.de
Tue Jan 20 09:18:20 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, 2009-01-20 at 10:02:34 +0100, ml at bortal.de wrote:

> i have a 32bit Linux box with a 3Ware Raidcontroller and 4x 1TB disks.
> After installing Debian Etch i had to find out that i am running into
> some limits.

> Is there a way to use a Partition >2GB with 32Linux/LVM?

There is no problem creating partitions larger than 2 GB, up to 2 TB :-P

The old-style disk partitioning has no room for larger values. If you
don't need the old-style MBR (e.g. for booting), use an EFI label.

Here is an article about the whole stuff:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/fdisk-unable-to-create-partition-greater-2tb.html

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| There is no substitute for bad design except worse design.                   |
| /me                                                                          |