Re: [linux-lvm] pvremove won't work

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 08:39:18AM +0200, Stefan Radovanovici wrote:
Hi All,
I have a LVM over 3 partitions (3 separate disks) and one of them is failing so I need to remove it from the group. I moved the content to the rest of the disks (pvmove) and now pvdisplay shows:
However, I can't remove /dev/sda4 (the partition on the failing disk) from the group:
root neriak:~# pvremove /dev/sda4
 Can't open /dev/sda4 exclusively - not removing. Mounted filesystem?
what is the use of doing pvremove on sda4?? you just rip the disk off
and dump it in the wastebin.

to remove a pv from a vg you use vgreduce, but i assume you already did
that, judging from the pvdisplay.

I don't see it mounted anywhere. The LVM is also unmounted. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong ? I am running LVM 2.02.39 on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit

check /sys/block/sda/sda4/holders

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.