Re: [linux-lvm] Setting LVM logical volume filesystem type

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:17:47AM +0300, ajalkane wrote:
Hi,

how can I set the filesystem type for LVM2 logical volume? For some
reason my logical volume /var, which is ext3, suddenly started to be
detected as solaris_mirror_member (or something to that effect) which
causes it to be unable to be automatically mounted. If I mount it
manually specifying the filesystem type as ext3 it works. Fsck reports
no errors.

This happened just suddenly. Naturally I would like to know how it
could corrupt like that. But it might be difficult. Right now I just
want my system to be usable again. How can I tell LVM that it is
indeed ext3 volume without reformatting the logical volume?

lvm has no notion of what is inside a logical volume.
i suppose blkid (which is used by mount to find the fs type got it
wrong)
check running
blkid /dev/vgXXX/lvolYYY
and