[linux-lvm] General LVM information request

Hi,

I was wondering what the maximum number of LV partitions are for a given PV – and is this configurable ?  We have a situation where it would be convenient to have a large number of small partitions and be able to grow those partitions as needed.  I just don’t know what LVM supports in that area.

Thanks.

Joe