[linux-lvm] Failed to activate snapshot exception store.

jose nuno neto jose.neto at liber4e.com
Thu May 28 13:40:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the reply :-)

If I take the --test, yes the snapshot gets created
But if I try to create a new VG and after a new LV I get the same error. I can
the work I was supposed to do, but would like to understand what's going
on......

lvcreate -L 1G -n TEST  vg_mysql_bk
Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

vgdisplay -v vg_mysql_bk
    Using volume group(s) on command line
    Finding volume group "vg_mysql_bk"
  --- Volume group ---
  VG Name               vg_mysql_bk
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        1
  Metadata Sequence No  3
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                0
  Open LV               0
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                1
  Act PV                1
  VG Size               250.00 GB
  PE Size               4.00 MB
  Total PE              63999
  Alloc PE / Size       0 / 0
  Free  PE / Size       63999 / 250.00 GB
  VG UUID               orekvq-dWqZ-uXs8-gETe-WkyG-adTO-YHdHPh

  --- Physical volumes ---
  PV Name               /dev/sdl1
  PV UUID               pw80TN-xYP2-FY4T-ASWF-PpIe-j6vo-WNQTtG
  PV Status             allocatable
  Total PE / Free PE    63999 / 63999

believed to be clean.