[linux-lvm] kernel panic on lvcreate

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Thu Nov 5 19:30:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Christopher Hawkins wrote:
>
> > Actually it looks like the reverse might be true. I tried this on a box with
> > older kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 and there is no panic. I upgraded that box to
> > kernel 2.6.18-164.2.1.el5, reboot, and now the panic is reproducible. Trying
> > to get an oops, will post again soon.
>
> I believe I am getting the same thing.  An lvcreate -s ... on the root
> filesystem of dom0 causes a kernel panic.  This happened at 5:30am via cron.

Anyone tested the new 164.6.1 kernel release to see if this crasher is fixed?
The changelog doesn't mention anything that sounds like it.  (Regressions
are usually fixed quickly.)

Has this been reported?  If 164.6.1 still has the problem, I can work
on a bug report.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>