[linux-lvm] Backing up clustered LVM... options?

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Mon Nov 16 21:55:23 UTC 2009

Well this threw a monkey wrench in my plans:

root at vsh02:~# lvcreate --size=230G -s -n res01_snap
/dev/dom0_vg0/res01.disk.xm
   Clustered snapshots are not yet supported.

What options do I have?

I'm running a two-node cluster with the LVM PV on a DRBD partition in
Primary/Primary mode with, obviously, clustering enabled. Each Xen
virtual machine has a dedicated LV (ie: res01.disk.xm above). One VM has
a very large DB and I was planning to use LVM snapshots to keep the DB
lock time to a minimum...

Thanks for any advice.

Madi