[linux-lvm] Adjusting stripe size.

Robert Mortimer robert.mortimer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:29:18 UTC 2009

2009/11/30 Giovanni Tirloni <tirloni at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Robert Mortimer
> <robert.mortimer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a volume group  that I migrated from 1 physical drive to two
>> RAID 0 drives. Looking at the disk access it appears that I have no
>> stripe. All data access seems to be on the first drive. How do I
>> re-configure the volume group to stripe accross the two physical
>> drives?
>
> I think you've to recreate the Logical Volume(s) using the stripes option (-i)
>
> http://linux.die.net/man/8/lvcreate

Not really the answer I wanted. I assumed that the default was for LVM
to stripe and by adding bot disks to the volume group before migrating
it of the physical extent I would be OK. I migrations can loose stripe
then surely that is an issue?

The Volume was created as part of a xen server virtual machine install
so I have limited control over initial LV creation parameters.

Rob