Re: [linux-lvm] Unmounting file system hangs up...

Thank you for your quick response, Andre.
I agree you are right on your suggestion that Fedora is trying to umount a network file system. I think it actually is trying to umount a CentOS file system installed in another hard drive. The reason why I think that way is that whenever I log on to CentOS, it complains that something is wrong with the file system and checks it

Do you know how to tell Fedora not to umount CentOS file system?

rod

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 9:38 AM, André Gillibert <rcvxdg gmail com> wrote:
Thinking Outside the Well <rod rook gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Fedora 10 and LVM. Lately when I shut down or restart the Linux
> box, it hangs at the stage of "Unmounting file system".
>

>    - Turning off swap  --- OK
>    - Turning off quotas --- OK
>    - Unmounting pipe file system  --- OK
>    - Unmounting file system ---  hangs up
>
> Although I can turn off or restart the box manually, I am a bit concerned
> whether it is the beginning of more serious problems later.
> Your suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

You should find exactly which command hangs.
It might be as simple as a fs that it cannot umount because it's busy.
Or maybe something like Fedora trying to umount a network file system after the network has been shut down.

In doubt, check the health of your disk with fsck, badblocks and smartmontools.

--
André Gillibert