Re: [linux-lvm] Mirrored LVs

On 23.10.2009 21:02, malahal us ibm com wrote:
In a LE it would be mirrored too and a copy would be in each mirror...

That is not possible with the current LVM code. The log can't be a
'mirror' segment. Jonathan posted few patches to place the log on
mirrored segment but the code is not in the upstream yet!

So keep the map in the vgda, with a copy on each pv, or somewhere similar. It should just be a map of which LE is stale and doesn't have to be big anyway.

Maybe IBM should donate some LVM code to linux :)

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten mortent org

I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
	-- Woody Allen