Re: [linux-lvm] Quick Question RE Snapshots

In my experience yes - if you are doing long sequential writes, snapshot turns them into random IO. If you were doing short random writes to begin with, then snapshot should not have such a huge relative effect, because the non-snapshot performance is already slow.

Larry Dickson
Cutting Edge Networked Storage