[linux-lvm] Best Practices deploying LVM

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some whitepapper or similar document to find any kind of best practices using LVM.

For example, usually i make only one volume group in each server and inside it I create different logical volumes for different purposes, but talking with one colleague, we discover that he makes one volume group for each logical volume (more or less)... so my final question is: in performance terms, what configuration is more efficient and why?

Please excuse my writen english, but I don't use it very often.

Thanks for your attention,
Abraham Pérez