[linux-lvm] Best Practices deploying LVM

Ray Morris support at bettercgi.com
Fri Oct 30 00:00:51 UTC 2009

    I don't know about a whitepaper, but I can address
your example.

> he makes one volume group for each logical volume (more or less)

    If each one has one volume, that's not exactly a volume
GROUP, is it?  If groups and volumes are basically synomous,
he gives up all the benfits of groups.  In fact, he gives
up most of the benefits of logical volumes, since each PV
has to be in one group, and each VG is one LV, you're left
with one LV per PV - might as well just use partitions
directly.
--
Ray Morris
support at bettercgi.com