[linux-lvm] what does 'orphan vg' mean?(global vg?)

Busby.Cheung chaimvy at 163.com
Tue Apr 13 08:14:43 UTC 2010

Hi Milan,
      Thank you very much for so qucik answer.
      The reason cause me to read the source code is you mentioned in your email: 'vgscan'. When I use the 'vgs' cmd, it maybe take a long time, the 'vgs' can't be executed  parallelly? The 'vgs' cmd will scan all the devices, once one device locked, it will wait till timeout or err come(device err)?

 Best Regards,
Busby