Re: [linux-lvm] How do I properly backup and restore / on LVM2

From: linux-lvm-bounces redhat com [mailto:linux-lvm-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Alan Pek
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:12 AM
To: linux-lvm redhat com
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] How do I properly backup and restore / on LVM2

Hi

dump does not come with standard Suse.

Where can I get the rpm.

Have not used dump before and how do I create a snapshot ?

How do I recreate my existing LVM2 structure if my root disk is gone ?

Appreciate as we are using tsm which is tedious/problematic to restore.

One will have pxe build and then install tsm and then restore.

Appreciate your reply.

Regards
Alan

[Jack Allen] I believe TSM has a Bare Metal Restore option. If not there is Storix which is not very expensive.