Re: [linux-lvm] Problems resizing physical volume

On 04/14/2010 05:59 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:

[root violet-regb ~]# pvmove /dev/sda2:4704-4765 /dev/sda2:4384-4445
   No extents available for allocation
At this point I gave up.  Is there any way to accomplish this?
pvmove normally is used to move segments off the pv to other pvs in
order to free up that pv for removal.  So it is failing since it can not
find space on other disks, since you limited its search to specific
extents on the same disk.  You need to add --alloc anywhere to stop it
from excluding the current disk from its search.  The need for this is
kind of silly given that you explicitly tell it where to move to, it
should probably be assumed, but isn't.

I'll try it out.  Thanks.

It worked, but only after I removed the destination extent specification.