[linux-lvm] Migrating LVM

I'm building a new machine with RAID1+LVM2. I plan to migrate the data from the old machine HD to the new machine.

Is it better to make the new VG the same name as the existing VG on the old box? Or should I make it different.

Is there an easy way to do this that I've not yet found? I was thinking to make the new VG the same name as the old, add the old drives to the machine then pvmove the data.

Thanks for any pointers!
Mike