Re: [linux-lvm] resize an LVM physical volume

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 02:58:32PM +0000, behzad wrote:
I did the test by changing the sector at the start and the same things happened
please dump the existing partition data using sfdisk -d, then we can
talk about facts.

,the partion was no more in pvdisplay list (I'll be on client site can verify
that hope it must be the reason) , but What might happens that the fdisk changes
the start sector of a partition when we re-create a partition ?
because fdisk by default creates an ms-dos compatible partition table
that starts on sector 63.

Since most storage array do read/write whole cache block to the disk and
no cache has a block size of 31.5K. Most storage vendors will tell you
to align the partition start to cache boundary (usually 64K or 128K)

Even M$ finally realized that and they create partitions starting at 1MB
from w2008 onwards.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it