[linux-lvm] calculating free capacity from pvdisplay and lvdisplay

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 00:22:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Malahal Naineni <malahal at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> It is 'normal' for VG and 'inherit' for an LV. See 'man lvm' command for
> details. See 'man vgs' on how to get it. Allocation policy is part of vg
> 'Attr' field. Look for Attr value when you run 'vgs -o+attr'

THanks! I do have "normal" allocation policy on the VG and all the
LV's inherit this.
But that just deepens the mystery. Why are my first 3 PV's showing
full and the others not?

[root at eustorage ~]# vgs
  VG                      #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
  euclid_highperf_storage   6   3   0 wz--n- 9.80T 1.22T
[root at eustorage ~]# lvs
  LV         VG                      Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move
Log Copy%  Convert
  LV_export  euclid_highperf_storage -wi-ao 600.00G
  LV_home    euclid_highperf_storage -wi-ao   6.00T
  LV_polhome euclid_highperf_storage -wi-ao   2.00T

--
Rahul