[linux-lvm] Is there any help for external locking of LVM?

I am working for getting a alternative of built-in clustered locking.
clvmd cannot support large size cluster well, and cannot across VLAN.
In my opinion, a centralized locking mechanism is more suitable for
large-scale cluster.

If I just put locking_dir on a NFS volume with locking_type=1, can I use LVM
to share a storage across machine?
Or is there any document can guide me to write a new locking plug-in?

Regards,
   Kirby Zhou
   from   SOHU-RD   +86-10-6272-8261