Re: [linux-lvm] Is there any help for external locking of LVM?

Hiya

There's no documentation on writing locking plugins but it's fairly straightforward, in principle at least ;-)

Have a look at LVM2/lib/locking/no_locking.c and add your custom locking parts in there. You DO need to call the lvm libraries parts or nothing will happen.

If your locking library is generally useful I hope you will share it with the community.

Chrissie