Re: [linux-lvm] How To Clone and Resize Luks-Encrypted Fedora System

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:32:45PM -0500, Robert L Cochran wrote:
I am looking for a way to clone and resize a Fedora 12 x86_64 system to a new hard drive which provides a lot more capacity. The system I wish to clone is encrypted with luks. I basically need to move the whole system to a larger drive, then resize the partitions larger. These are ext4 partitions. Here is what my grub.conf kernel line says:
not much to do with lvm... anyway

why don't you just clone the data?
install the new disk, partition, create luks device, mkfs, mount, copy
data (eg rsync -aHAX, the X should preserve selinux xattrs), install
grub on new disk, reboot.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.