[linux-lvm] Federicos patch for clustered snapshots

Hi all,

I am new to the list, so please bear with me.

This is from this list some 15 months ago:

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Federico Simoncelli
<federico simoncelli ???> wrote:
> Looking at the LVM2 code (LVM2.2.02.40, tools/lvcreate.c:640):
>
> /* FIXME Allow exclusive activation. */
> if (vg_is_clustered(vg)) {
> log_error("Clustered snapshots are not yet supported.");
> return 0;
> }
>
> looks like there is no way to activate a snapshot in a clustered
> volume group. Is the documentation wrong?
> Is there anyone actively working on the "exclusive activation" FIXME
> that is mentioned in the comment?

Hi all,
I worked a little on this issue and I came up with a working patch
for LVM2.2.02.32.
To be able to set the lv as exclusive you have to deactivate it on the
other nodes with the command:

# lvchange -aln /dev/vg00/lvol1

and then you can create the snapshot:

# lvcreate --size 100M --snapshot --name snap /dev/vg00/lvol1
Logical volume "snap" created

It automatically takes care to set the lv device as exclusive (vgchange -aey). Can anyone review the patch?
I would be very interested in the outcome of this patch. Has it been reviewed, how was the result, are there binaries/source code I could deploy?

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk